Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dad's, Grandpa's, Father's to be and all those men who are the Father figures in someones life!  I am privileged enough to have two phenomenal men on my life that I would like to honor today.  My Dad and my husband.  Both different and yet have some great similarities and qualities! 

My Dad is hands down a great guy.  For those of you who know my Dad, you know he hates that I am even mentioning him....too bad!  It is well deserved.  He would do anything for his kids and he does.  The past year has just showcased every good quality he has.  Selfless.  Caring.  Hard-working.  Loving.  I really could go on and on.  I have seen a lot more of my Dad in the past months than I used to.  I never get sick of him or mad at him.  I really enjoy the time we have together.  We are always chatting about anything from poop (the kids, not ours) to politics.  He is everything a girl could ask for in a Dad and Grandfather.  He holds my hair when I vomit and he changes my kids poopy diapers.  The man is incredible in so many ways.  I am so glad I call him my Dad.  Guys like him don't come around very often, then along came Ryan. 

I've raved about my outstanding husband before, but he is really a phenomenal Dad.  I call him "The Daddyman."  Not exactly sure where that came from but it fits him well.  While he and my Dad have pretty different personalities they share some of those same great qualities.  Watching Ryan interact with the kids is heartwarming.  Fiona lights up when he comes home after hours of saying "Da-da."  I think he lights up a little more though.  I know he would do anything for his kids.  Watching the love grow between him and Euan is priceless.  

Happy Father's Day Dad & Ryan.  I love you both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment