Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Hand on the mend....

2 1/2 weeks post-op
The surgery on my hand was a success!  Recovery is slower than I'd like.  The pain is MUCH better since surgery.  It is still a bit painful but overall better.  More localized numbness to my thumb and pointer finger but that should improve.  Saturday when I was showering I noticed a pop/snap in my wrist - which I later learned is the tendon snapping over the bone out of the tunnel.  It has sporadically happened since and has set me back in my therapy (going 1-2x per week) and my return to work.  Boo.  My biggest complaint is the 3 pound weight limit (until 6 weeks post-op) which of course doesn't allow me to pick up either of my kids.  I can hold them if they are handed to me but very carefully and briefly.  So of course a big thank you to my parents who are essentially living here again these days.  I am so very thankful for you both. 

Since typing is not all that comfortable.....that is all from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment