Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to work!

Euan was 12 weeks old on Monday.  Those were some of the quickest 12 weeks of my life, wow!  This milestone meant it was time to go back to work.  My first day back was Tuesday.  Ending my maternity leave I had mixed emotions.  While I would absolutely love to spend all my time with Fiona and Euan we need insurance so I have to work.  I don't want to dwell on something I can't change so I try to look at the bright side.  I have a job that I really enjoy for a variety of reasons (I work with great people and take care of great kids and families).  It also gets me out of the house which makes me feel adult-like for lack of a better phrase.  I appreciate the time I have with the kids a bit more too. 

I would have to say the first day back was a success.  It was nice to see my friends again and know I can still do my job.  I also was a bit less nervous about leaving the kids.  Probably because my parents are awesome and there couldn't be two better people to care for Fiona & Euan.  There isn't a better feeling than coming home to beautiful smiling faces and a little girl who says "Ma Ma." 

No comments:

Post a Comment